Dandruff issue

Hi, Iam suffering from dandruff from last 10 years.. I have used hair conditioners like SELSUN and PROTAR-K but it is coming regularly and its not cured..please help me to prevent this problem. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff issue

​​Thanks for the query. Since the dandruff is not resolving, it may hint towards anopther condition called Seborrheic dermatitis or Scalp psoriasis which needs different treatment approach. Protar K is used for scalp psoriasis and I wonder why are you using it , if its under the supervision of a dermatologist then it acceptable. Dandruff is the result of excessive oil application compounded by a fungal overgrowth. So consider discontinuation of oils if you are using it and start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans. Hope it helps you.​​