Dandruff in hair

I am having too much of dandruff in my hair. I used selsun shampoo but it didn't work for me. The dandruffs have got stuck at my scalp , due to that I am having so much of itching that some times those stuck dandruffs comes out from my scalp and that part starts to bleed as well as I am having lots of hair fall.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff in hair

Dandruff is a common situation more common among teenagers. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition. Hope it helps you.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Avoid Self Medications.