Cyst in Overies

My Wife is having a small cyst in her overy. Some time it appears in left side and some times on right side. I have been to 2 doctors and they were giving her tablets but her cyst is still exist. One of the doctor told us to go for a laparoscopy operation in which they will puncture the cyst. My Question: Is it necessary to go for operation ? Can't it be removed through medicines or injection ? We are planning for a pregnancy, so Is there any side effect of the operation?

Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Cysts in ovaries are due to hormonal imbalances which can be healed without surgery most of the time. Please  read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.
Dr. Shyama Nivas
Gynecologist 7 yrs exp Patna
What is the size of cyst and for how long it is present.if cyst is simple and less than 5 cm it can be cured by medicine only.but if its not resolving even after 3 cycles then operation is must.