Cyst formation
2mnth ago had a pelvic scan was daignosed a cyst in my left ovary.Doc told need nt to take any medicine its common in ladies it will dissappear,  again I got a scan done one more cyst quitely a larger size than before in my right ovary. Left cyst is gone.My question is how much time its required for a cyst to grow?

Dr. Prabha Eliya Singan
Gynecologist 28 yrs exp Bangalore
hi evrymonth one egg is released evry mid cycle. sometimes it does not get released .it  then grows into a big cyst anything less than 5 cms is called a functional cyst benign cyst. it can produce hormones sometimes cycle alteration.it can disappear after the periodes.if it is big doctor will assess give medicine and rescan.functional cyst unlike a tumour will disappear in a cycle or two.for this to be ocurring again again if you are taking ipill other hormonal tablets on your own please stop.all the same these situatines demanfs that ur under drs supervision and follow up