Creatinine has risen up

Is 1.4creatinine too high..suggest me how to lower the creatinine level.what is the normal level.kindly help me .is it due to the diet for which the creatinine level has risen up...what are the things to be avoided and early precautions which would lower the creatinine level..it was 0.9 a month back and today it is 1.4

Doctor Answers (1) on Creatinine has risen up

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, most of the times it would be due to error in the reports.
Consider checking your creatinine levels once again.

Creatinine is a chemical waste product that's produced by your muscle metabolism and to a smaller extent by eating meat. Healthy kidneys filter creatinine and other waste products from your blood. The filtered waste products leave your body in your urine.

If your kidneys aren't functioning properly, an increased level of creatinine may accumulate in your blood. A serum creatinine test measures the level of creatinine in your blood and gives you an estimate of how well your kidneys filter (glomerular filtration rate).