Cracking sound in jaw
Hi, i had a bike accident abt 6 years back. Upon having a recent diagnosis, i got an x-ray of my jaw, revealing tiny displacement in my left cartilage causing popping sounds when i move my jaw. My doctor consulted me to a three stage therapy, first - pain removal with meds, if that doesn't work - injection into the cartilage to remove pain, finally a replacement operation for the cartilage. I am asking for a secong opinion or atleast referral to an specialist for my problem.

Dr. Arun Kant
Dental Surgeon 7 yrs exp Delhi

Treatment protocol is fine. Follow dentist's recommendation on time. You can also seek a MDS oral and maxillofacial surgeon for details regarding the surgery.
Dr. Hithysh BM
Hello as your doctor has told displacement of cartilage in the jaw sometimes may get corrected itself Even physiotherapy may help just follow the advice of the doctor that is the treatment will be started from basicc like symptomatic treatment and at last stage surgery can be done consult ent specialist for further evaluation and treatment I hope this helps you.