Covid Vaccination for 28 weeks Pregnant
Hi Doctor, I am currently in my 28 weeks pregnancy and undergoing gestational diabetic medicines. My diabetis is on average under control limit. I wanted to ask Can I get myself vaccinated as my expected delivery date is in July and Covid is already on peak. My Gynecologist suggested I can get the vaccine considering the benefits over the risk. But due to lack of clinical evidence of Indian Covid vaccine I am bit confused. Please suggest.

Benefits overweigh the risk. But there's no studies or data available to establish safety of vaccine in pregnancy so you need to decide accordingly.

I agree with Dr. Tamanna. The benefits outweigh the risks. And there are no clinical studies regarding the vaccine effects of Indian formulations. Covisheild is similar to Astrazeneca. And studies in USA have suggested that pfizer and moderna formulations are best for pregnant women. You can read further on this. Ultimately, whether to take or not, is a decision to be made in consultation with a pulmonologist as well as your gynaecologist.