I want to know that how many month symptoms will not show in HIV?? I want to know that what is the percentage of people in India who suffered symptomless HIV?? If immunity is weak than within how many months symptoms will occur??if partner is negative than there is problem of contracting any diseases??

Doctor Answers (1) on Counselling

Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Madam, Firstly if the partner is negative and does not have multiple partners either in the past or right now, the chances if contracting HIV is very less. Secondly, a person with good immunity can live for a long time without any symptoms if HIV. Even otherwise the window period (period between contracting the disease and first appearance if symptoms) can vary from 3 weeks to 10 years. Also it is sufficient determine the percentage of people in India without any symptoms of the disease.