Couldnot grow beard

This is on behalf of my friend.Since you all are experience enough in this field i would like to share a problem. The problem description is given below. 'I am 23+ and still there is no sign of heavy beard and mustache on my face. I asked many doctors but they couldnot figure it out well. Some said many mens are late bloomers for substantial facial hair, you have to wait, some said it's because of hormonal malfunctioning. My father has well grown beard so I am pretty sure it's not because of genes. Because of these issues I face many difficulties when I am in public. People talks about it at my back, some asks directly. I couldn't help myself hiding from these people. Can you suggest some remedy of this problem?'

Doctor Answers (1) on Couldnot grow beard

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! Thanks for the query. The growth of beard is dictated by many factors including genetic programming, hormones (testosterone), ethnicity and nutrition. Checking the testosterone levels will suggest if there is any hormone deficiency. If father has good beard does not mean every male person in the family will have the same (though the chances are more). If beard growth is not due to hormone deficiency then you need to consider transplantation of scalp hair to beard area if you are desperate for full face beard. You need to consult highly skilled Hair transplant surgeon to discuss this option. Minoxidil lotion (used for scalp baldness) is not licenced for beard growth.