Coughing from 6 months

Hi, My father having heavy cough since last 6 months , as said by doctor i took my father into blood, urine check up and x-ray, in blood test report showing sugar is 180 and rest all as normal, but in x-ray report impression: "bilateral extensive tubercular lesions with right upper zone cavity" please help out :(

Doctor Answers (1) on Coughing from 6 months

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well his sugars are also on borderline if it was random blood sugars which you mentioned... Secondly coming to the x Ray reports it indicates that he is suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis...better to get done sputum test for afb...consult a physician or pulmonologist as per your convenience... He needs to be evaluated and started on anti tubercular regimen immediately... Well one thing I can assure is tb is completely curable...but its your responsibility to make sure that he complies to the treatment and completes the course..mostly 6 months...he needs to have food also well as the disease as well as the treatment is gonnah make him weak...all your family members have to take preacution that you dont contract the disease and he extra care of the patient also...good family support is also required...consult the physician at the earliest and start the treatment