Cough often

My wife always have problems of cough with mucous in throat. It disappears after some cough syrup. But again reoccur after some weeks. When she takes head bath again it starts. When she cough it will be continuous. Whole night coughing. I want to know whether it indicates some symptoms of any serious throat problem?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

She needs an ENT evaluation. Throat is the cross-roads of the ENT region. Mucus could arise from nose(&sinuses), adenoids, tonsils, lungs and stomach. Only a prosper examination followed by proper investigations can reveal the source of her cough. Use this app to fix up an ENT appointment at my clinic at your convenient time & let me help your wife out of her predicament!
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hai, there are various reasons for cough. She needs evaluation by a chest physician and an ENT. it could be because of undiagnosed asthma or allergic cough or reflux of acid into the throat or some infection in the lubgs.SO kindly take her to a chest physician or an ENT . cough for a long time cannot be neglected.