Cough and cold

Pale fever
Throat itching
Keep on liquid coming out from nose...

I was a healthy person, but donno from last 1-2weeks I m keep on getting affected by cough n cold continuously... Just like alternate days I m getting affected...  I want to get rid of this permanently... Please help

Doctor Answers (1) on Cough and cold

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
You may not be able to cure your common cold, but you can make yourself as comfortable as possible. These tips may help:

Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water are all good choices. They help replace fluids lost during mucus production or fever. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can cause dehydration, and cigarette smoke, which can aggravate your symptoms.Generations of parents have spooned chicken soup into their sick children's mouths. Now scientists have put chicken soup to the test, discovering that it does seem to help relieve cold and flu symptoms in two ways. First, it acts as an anti-inflammatory by inhibiting the movement of neutrophils — immune system cells that help the body's response to inflammation. Second, it temporarily speeds up the movement of mucus through the nose, helping relieve congestion and limiting the time viruses are in contact with the nasal lining. If possible, stay home from work or school if you have a fever or a bad cough or are drowsy after taking medications. This will give you a chance to rest as well as reduce the chances that you'll infect others. Wear a mask when you have a cold if you live or work with someone with a chronic disease or compromised immune system.Keep your room warm, but not overheated. If the air is dry, a cool-mist humidifier or vaporizer can moisten the air and help ease congestion and coughing. Be sure to keep the humidifier clean to prevent the growth of bacteria and molds. A saltwater gargle — 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt dissolved in a glass of warm water — can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat...take over the counter medications...consult physicians if symptoms persists