Cough and cold

My daughter is 6 MONTHS old and she is suffering COLDand COUGH very badly from 3 days. Doctor given medicines and he said that the COUGH will get more and then it goes away permanently, is it true. And now he suggested nebulization twice a day. She seems to be OK in hospital, when she reaches home she starts to COUGH continuously for 30 min or more.. Please suggest me what is the best treatment to cure her.. I m worried more about her cough and cold. Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Cough and cold

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...I understand your apprehension..... well cough and cold cases are more now a days because of the change in weather .  continue the nebulization as it will help her
....I'm sure the Doctor must have also suggested syrup for cough like ventryl.... please continue the medications also keep the child covered avoid exposure to cold air and and maintain cleanliness around the child..thank you