cardiologist-icon
Coronary artery disease
My mother underwent angioplasty in october 2004 (90% blockage in mouth of left CA). Recently, she has been diagnosed with 3 more blockages (30% each). Her glucose level is fluctuating 100-300 post prandial and HDL cholesterol remains below 60 ug/dL. She suffers shortness of breath. I wanted to know whether this minor % blockage could be cleared with the help of medicine? Or does it need any future surgery or washing? Her diet is as per the given rules and she is a strict follower. However, she takes tension regarding things (minor/major) family issues. Thank you.

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello....after surgery usually person will be on blood thinners which prevents further thrombosis resulting in blockage of blood vessels.... Blood supply to heart shouldn't be hampered at any cost ...it needs unintrupped blood supply.... Decrease in blood supply leads to myocardia infarction ,