Contraception help
Hello I am going through reproductive coercion by my partner..he wants me to get pregnant this month..i had several ipills last months and on my periods now..started with loette birth control tablet since second day of my period..i neva used any birth control pills before..pls help..i dont want to get pregnant..will th

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. Being coerced into doing something you do not want is a form of bullying. I am glad you have decided to use contraception regularly. The oral contraceptive pill is 99% effective at preventing a pregnancy if taken correctly. Please don't miss pills as you don't have recourse to using condoms if you do. There are no long term effects on your fertility and pills are safe. Do get BP checked every 3 months. Regarding the coercion, do you have access to help from your family, is your partner violent or force sex on you. Are you being subjected to physical or emotional trauma. If so please note that there are women's cells at your local police station that can help. Alternatively if you are able to talk to your partner without fear it is important to discuss your plans for the future openly. Please get support from friends and family or your doctor to manage this. Do not try and handle it alone. Most importantly your partner should realise that forcing you to get pregnant is not acceptable and that you have shared this behaviour with your family. Sometimes the fact that other people know about their unacceptable behaviour can force a person to think again and engage in a dialogue. best wishes