Continuous groin itch
My scrotum, thighs, inner thighs, buttock keeps itching all day and its very embarrassing and irritating, Its been itching since a month now, it is increasing, ive got some kind of lumps on my scrotum, which if teased gets swollen or otherwise is loose, theres almost 9 such small lumps and one big lump they aren't painful, but very itchy. I thought its jock itch, so i applied itch guard which was of little to no use. Its been a month please help!

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. You could be having scrotal cysts with or without fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR itch gurad Or QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Scrotal cysts if troublesome will have to be removed. Please send pictures on follow up private chat and i could guide you, or see a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Dr Govind S Mittal.