Continous period

I had my period for 9 days this month  and the flow on initial days was low and later the flow was normal but after such a long period of menstruation , I am experiencing such blood flow sometimes, very minimal though but along with this I am getting cramps whenever there is this sudden flow and has happened 2 times.

Doctor Answers (2) on Continous period

hi this is an erratic pattern as suggested by dr neelima could be an ovulation this cycle. iam not sure if you married or in reationship when it could be pregnancy related  or due to pelvic infection. i would suggest gynaec visit with history physical perhaps an ultrasound to decide further management. regards
Thank you for your question.
The most common cause of prolonged periods is when the ovary doesn't release eggs each time. While this is very common it can be confusing too. You may find that if you keep a menstrual diary that things sort themselves out. It may still occur a couple of times a year but the other periods are ok. However, if you find this happens more than 3 times in a row please see a gynaecologist who can do some tests for you and determine the best treatment both for the bleeding and the pain. In any case if having prolonged periods is causing you to feel weak, depressed or listless it may be that you have become anaemic. Please see your gynaecologist without delay as treatment is more effective when started early.
hope this helps