Consulting a psychiatrist
Hello doctor, I had planned to visit a psychiatrist next month. I have trouble speaking due to my poor speaking skills because of my ongoing depressive episode. So I have written all my symptoms on a paper. I have decided to give this paper to the doctor while consulting so that he could easily diagnose the problems exactly. Is this a right move? Help me. Thank you.

Dr. Sheba Singh (PhD)
Psychologist 13 yrs exp Mumbai
Keep the written material with yourself so that you don't miss out on anything. Psychologists and Psychiatrists are non-judgemental. Rest assure they will focus on your problem rather than anything else.
Ms. Sneha Bhat
Counselling Psychologist 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello Dear, The measure you have taken to ensure not missing out on anything while consulting a professional is a commendable move. It shows your inclination & resolve to address every single thing that has been bothering you without failure. Writing also puts things in context & would help you gain a better understanding of situations as well as your response . Having said this let me also assure that the psychiatrist/psychologist you shall be visiting is trained to put you at ease before talking to you & collecting information from you. You would be able to share things comfortably. However thorough preparation from your side before consultation is the right step. Good Luck & Take Care.
Hi..... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help preven,t a relapse of symptoms..... Consult Psychiatrist.....