Confusion in choosing doc

Hello, I am confused and want to know Which speciality of doctor should I visit to get the treatment of phimosis.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Phimosis is a condition in which the foreskin of the penis becomes irretractable meaning it doesn't go back fully and any attempt of doing it will be painful. This is dealt with by a procedure called circumcision in which the foreskin is removed surgically therefore you obviously need to consult a general surgeon. You can find good general surgeons near you listed on this very app. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Please choose a General Surgeon or Urologist
You have to consult nearest surgeon or urologist....Up to 95% of cases of phimosis have been shown to respond to application of topical steroids to the preputial orifice, although some studies have suggested that this response rate may decline several months after the regimen is completed. An initial attempt at medical intervention has been shown to reduce costs by 27.3% in comparison with primary circumcision as a treatment...consult nearest urologist or general surgeon they will help you further Regards