Confusing periods

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS three years ago, i took all the prescribed medications and my cycles became regular after an year. Now from last 4-5 months my cycles are confusing me. I get delayed periods (8-10days) and very low bleeding with a very bad back ache. The bleeding is minimal and dark maroon/black in color. Also, the vaginal discharges for all other times are very smelly. I use clean n dry wash, but still the odour is there. Please recommend what do i need to do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Confusing periods

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Change in colour, consistency and dirty smell of vaginal discharge and menstrual bleeding is suggestive of reproductive track infections, delayed periods can occur in infections. And PCOS is not curable, it is only manageable with medicines, it can recur any time, don't worry consult a gynecologist to diagnose your infection.