Confirming aspergers

I have had difficulty communicating with people and socializing. I had thought it was shyness. But after my marriage and transfer at work place it is becoming difficult. Recently someone suggested that i might be on autism spectrum.  I took online tests and it indicates i have aspergers.  What do i do now?

Dr. Naveen Jayaram
Psychiatrist 8 yrs exp Bangalore
hi, Aspergers syndrome cannot be diagnosed just by using a rating scale. It is a developmental problem which will start manifesting from childhood days. Some of the social  anxiety related features can correlate with asperger s . But need more information to clarify this.
Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Asperger is a syndrome which will usually be diagnosed during childhood. If it has not been detected till now,, it is unlikely  that it is Asperger syndrome.  Please consult a psychiatrist to evaluate you and make a diagnosis so that appropriate  remedy can be suggested.