Complex Partial Seizure

Hello, My mother seems to be suffering from some kind of short term cognitive impairment. What happens is that for a short duration (1 min or a few minutes), she doesn’t seem to understand what is happening around her. When we ask a question, she responds with irrelevant answers and her physical state seems a little agitated for that period. She regains control of her memory and thoughts shortly thereafter, but does not remember what happened to her. The first time I noticed this was about 1.5yrs ago. Seems like once in a while this happens with a gap of 1 or 2 months. What I’m afraid of is if this happens more when we are not noticing and she is not capable of remembering. Of the times that we noticed, except once all of them happened around the dinner table when she was eating or serving. I talked to a physician friend and he suggested that the symptoms seem like complex partial seizure. Should we get it treated immediately? Is there a way to identify what causes it? Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Complex Partial Seizure

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran Chennai | Neurosurgeon
Yes, it looks like a partial needs a immediate neurological consultation.based upon his advice she may require a MRI and can be controlled by needs a regular and periodic follow up