Communication problem

I have serious problem of communication with others specially seniors/ bosses and girls. due to this I have no female friends and I worried how will I manage my wife after marriage. I don't talk much and avoid people. there is another problem of socialization, I don't participate in any festival too. though I want to feel free and participative. I prefer to stay alone and aloof. this kind of behaviour is from my childhood. it affects me to grow professionally and personally too. also I found lack of confidence, self respect, attitude, lack of energy. is this normal or do I need to consult doctor...please advice.

Doctor Answers (1) on Communication problem

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... I understand your problem, i think you should know that... If its depression / disinterest in any normal activities appropriate to the age then its a concern to be dealt with the help of psychiatrist... I suggest you to try to get included into the like minded group of friends whom you think can understand your problems and you can trust.. Try to find some common interest which you people can relate.. Try to avoid getting disheartened by minor setbacks, you should atleast have to develop enough courage to try and willpower to withstand even if you fail in that course of action.... Good luck..