Common Cheilitis

I have been suffering from chapped lips quite long time and I keep applying a natural spf 30 lip balm but still they are Just temporary.I don't get what to apply for a permanent relief. Have visited a good dermatologist and he says simply apply Ponds,etc But it's not solving the problem.Have tried Nivea men,himalaya even Ghee etc and again some time it's rough.The crack on lips are clearly visible.I don't have the habit of licking the lips,smoking but I pick the dry cracks when it just sticks out. Any remedy for this or is it same ponds stuff

Doctor Answers (2) on Common Cheilitis

Dr. Dipanjali Singh Mumbai | Dermatologist
Use sebamed lip defence spf 30 . No ponds stuff .
Dr. Shishira R J Bangalore | Dermatologist
Greetings. if u have the habit of lip smacking, then your condition can get aggravated. U seem to be having atopic cheilitis which aggravates in winter . Symptomatic treatment with topical steroid for short duration, and maintaining it with frequent application of a good lip balm is the only treatment that will help u. Also, do take a course of multivitamin supplements to prevent any vitamin deficiency, that can predispose to this condition. Regards Dr Shishira R J