My gastroentrologist has suggested me to do colonoscopy. So what is the procedure? Do they give sedation outside the anus before performing the procedure of colonoscopy? Because I'm really scared if it will pain!?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You should have mentioned your symptoms for which the colposcopy is suggested. Anyways. You don't have to worry much. Yes, they will numb the area first and then they will perform the procedure. There will be a endoscope tube which will be put inside through the anal opening and the insides visualised and examined. It's not going to be much of pain. Best regards. dr. Anil Kumar Jain.

Preparation before colonoscopy procedure