Cold During Pregnancy
My wife facing cold during pregnancy. .how to cure cold during pregnancy? Can I take medicine to cure cold ?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question Cold during pregnancy should be managed like usual cold. Keep warm, avoid public places, don't go to hospital, warm gargles, paracetamol if fever is there. The difficulty is that many illnesses start looking like cold but develop into something else so if fever and sore throat is bad or there is severe body ache or cough with difficulty breathing you should see a doctor urgently. Please don't self medicate in pregnancy as lots of medicines are not to be used. Swine flu vaccine is available n all pregnant patients should get vaccinated coz swine flu is very dangerous in pregnancy. hope this helpd
Dr. Prabha Eliya Singan
Gynecologist 28 yrs exp Bangalore
i second dr neelimas well written answer. for releief you can put vicks around neck chest helps to keep warm.you can take steam helps to relieve headache de congests mucous membranes. can take sips of warm tea or sips of amla juice to improve immunity.