Cold allergy

I am suffering from allergitic rhinitis since 10 years and I am using duonase spray and pls tell is nasal douching useful and also please tell me near doctor at srikakulam code 532001 Please tell homeopathy or allopathy treatment which is correct

Doctor Answers (1) on Cold allergy

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Steam inhalation and nasal douching is helpful in reducing the allergen load thereby reducing the intensity of the allergic  response.
Intranasal corticosteroid sprays(INCS) are the mainstay of treatment and are proven to be safe in long term use even in pregnant and lactating mothers.
The only problem is that this medicine should reach every nook and cranny of the nose & paranasal sinuses. This means that every patient needs to get a CT scan done of the Paranasal Sinuses so that if there is any structural abnormality or variation in anatomy, it should be operated upon and corrected before the treatment begins for successful management of this condition.
Many people are scared of surgery and it is this fear that is being taken advantage of by some unscrupulous practitioners of alternate medicine to peddle their "miracle" cures which will only miraculously empty your pockets!