Coccyx fracture

Fell down on rock with sitting position 3 months before... Xray said " coccyx fracture find on lateral view" ...Used pain killers & scooty tube for sitting.... Still d injury is not heal..wat should I do now...?pls help me in this....

Doctor Answers (3) on Coccyx fracture

Dr. Prakash B L Bangalore | Orthopedist
This pain requires long term treatment
Dr. Anisha Mahale Pune | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Hello... the very basic treatment for your coccyx fracture of course is the scooty tube or the coccyx pillow along with rest. Also try getting your serum calcium and vitamin D3 levels checked via blood test, if those two levels or even if vitamin D3 is less then it could be the reason for the slow process of healing. So accordingly you need to tak the calcium supplements for 2-3 months and the d3 supplement calcirol sachets twice per week for 10 weeks to make your bones strong and to improve the healing process
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well rest is the only way for the fracture and it has to be immobilised...you will also get a belt...I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician and get it treated...if you don't ret now properly..the pain will be there life long...thank you