Class 2 deep bite

I have been diagnosed with class 2 deep bite caused attrition in lower anterior teeth. Dentum is visible in all lower teeth even the molars. Sensitivity is a major complaint. What is the treatment options? Is a root canal required for all my teeth?

Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Mam,you need to get your bite corrected and go for RCTs in teeth with severe sentivity followed by crowns. Regards DR SUMAN MAKAM
Dr. Harish B Nagesh
Orthodontist 17 yrs exp Vijayawada

Try to meet an orthodontist in your area.you require a bite raising appliance.later rct and crowns.if not ,any other treatment will fail.
Dr. Deepika Vadhar
Dentist 21 yrs exp Mumbai

Treatment options depends on what the clinical picture is along with correlation of radiographic image. Though my firsthand & systematic approach would be- 1) take xrays, study models & assess the extent of deep bite & attrition 2)check if any of the teeth need Root canals 3) control hypersensitivity with a toothpaste or fillings. 4) correct deep bite.. braces is the method of choice as a long term permanent effect. 5)once the bite is altered as desired then do all the permanent restorations as required in teeth with attrition. Hope this helps
Dr. Arun Swarup
Dentist 37 yrs exp Mumbai
Good morning. Treatment depends on your age. Correct treatment option would be orthodontic treatment, that is, braces. As temporary relief for the sensitivity you could use any desensitising tooth paste and leave it on the tooth for a couple of minutes before rinsing it off. Root canals maybe recommended depending on the extent of Dentin involvement which can be judged only clinically and with iopas. Hope we've been able to help you out. Feel free to contact us for any further details! Have a biting fit day!