Chronic throat irritation
I have been experiencing irritation in throat for last two years. It never resolved completely and I have had three attacks of severe throat infection in last 2 years and I had to get admitted in the hospital last time(2 months back). I have seen multiple ent specialist who diagnosed it as LPR and prescribed various PPI, however I never got relief. I am wmorried about it being or turning into throat cancer. I am a non smoker and non drinker. Also I have lost 4 kgs of weight over last 6 months. Any suggestions about what next steps I should take ?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar Palakonda
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 11 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
A patient of Laryngo Pharyngeal Reflux should take treatment (PPI) for a lifetime. Many a times it can not be cured, it can only be controlled. This also needs modification of food habbits like eating small meal every 2hours during awake time and avoiding coffee,tae,lemon etc.