Chronic tension headaches

Hello respected doctor, i am suffering from chronic tension headaches last seven years . i am feeling tightness, prickling and muscle contraction in my head . sometimes i am also feel tightness and some contraction in muscle in neck and shoulder region. many times i also feel eye strain , itching and burning in eyes .i have also a thinking problem sometimes some irrelavent things comes in mind and i think these are the trigger of stress . recently i consult to a psychiatrist . he gives me a stalopalm tablet i am taking this tablet last four days but there is no relax in my head , i am still same problem like muscle tension , tightness arround the head so doctor, will u pleasetell me , should i consult to a neurologist or not.
views-icons 55 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik
Psychiatrist 2 yrs exp Mangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹400 for 24 hrs

Please continue Stalopram.You can also ask your psychiatrist for some medicine for control of acute headache.Relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation will help.If required a psychologist can be seen for relaxation techniques.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?