Chronic low sodium

My mom has chronic low sodium. Blood work done on Sept 6 was 120 meq/L and yesterday's blood work showed slight increase of 124 meq/L. She takes 6 salt pills a day. 1 glass of electrolyte solution. Her chronic low sodium has resulted in muscle weakness in right arm, confusion. Taken to the ICU last week for that. Is there a way to administer Saline (0.9%) at home?. She also has hypothyroidism for which takes Thyroxine. I suspect (not a doctor) that she might have SIADH (Syndrom of Inappropriate Antidieurtic Hormone Secretion) which causes water retention. Is there a complete blood/urine panel we can do investigate the reason for low sodium.

Dr. Ameet Thakkar
General Physician 27 yrs exp Mumbai

The following laboratory tests may be helpful in the diagnosis of SIADH: Serum sodium, potassium, chloride, and bicarbonate Plasma osmolality Serum creatinine Blood urea nitrogen Blood glucose Urine osmolality Serum uric acid Serum cortisol Thyroid-stimulating hormone ALSO The basic diagnostic criteria is as under: Laboratory findings in diagnosis of SIADH include: Euvolemic hyponatremia 40 mEq/L with normal dietary salt intake.