Chronic Kidney Disease
My creatinine is 5.7 and gfr 11.but no complications,I m physically fit,but doctors suggest me for transplant. Is there any hope to save my kidneys

Dr. Prashant C Dheerendra
Nephrologist/Renal Specialist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Dear Sir, complications can develop over time. It is not unusual to see patients with such low kidney function doing well without dialysis/transplant. But over time patients will develop symptoms/complications. It is a good decision to get evaluated for transplant so that it can be done as soon as indicated without a long period of dialysis. Take care.