Chickenpox scar

There are several chicken pox scar on my face is it possible that it can be removed. I'm having these scar from 2 yrs. How many days these treatment would take if any possible n will it produce effect up to an extent

Doctor Answers (2) on Chickenpox scar

Scars are amenable to various treatment options and it has to be customized based on your scar type. Scars are basically 4 types and each may need a different approach. The treatment depends on the duration of scar and ability to follow-up. The advance treatment option includes Fractional CO2 lasers in multiple sessions and is currently the procedure of choice. Other options include dermaroller with or without mesotherapy, subcision and some other procedure. Certain patient benefit when oral medications are given concomitantly. Topical creams may be of little use and will supplement laser treatment
Dr. D.P. Jayanth Mysore | Dermatologist
Creams will not help in improving chicken pox scars. Fractional CO2 laser with micro needling radio frequency technology is needed. Multiple sessions needed. It can be done in 20 to 30 minutes each time. Since you live in Pune, look for a dermatologist with this technology and consult. Good results are possible after many months of treatment. It is usually one session per month.