Chickenpox

Hi doctor please the precaution to be taken in case of chicken pox ,what would the time during to get this disease cleared off, As I have a 10 months old daughter as well .

Doctor Answers (2) on Chickenpox

Dr. Sandeep Gupta Delhi | Dermatologist
till all papules and blisters have become black you have to take precaution
Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
If your daughter hasn't got chicken pox then it is likely that she might get it from you. Under ideal circumstances you shouldn't be in contact with any person who hasn't had chicken pox till the lesions crust and fall off.. that takes around 10 days. Since how many days do you have have chicken pox? You are contagious for 5 days before the lesions appear till your lesions crust and fall off. What I can suggest now is that keep a close watch for fever or water filled lesions appearing on her. And if you think she has developed lesions or fever just visit your skin specialist and pediatrician once. Kids fight the disease very well. But since she is just 10 months you will need to keep a pediatrician in the loop. Also, (though not possible) try to stay away from her as much as possible. If you are not breast feeding, let someone else give her meals. Despite all this there is still a chance she might develop chicken pox. Don't worry and go to your skin specialist and pediatrician like I mentioned.