Chicken pox
My sister is diagnosed with chicken pox yesterday. She is a student, being accommodated at a hostel in Hyderabad. 1)Can she board a flight to home? She being contagious at the moment, will other passengers at the flight be at risk ?( in case pregnant woman or an organ transplanted person sits in proximity to her)

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. If the chicken pox is confirmed, then yes she can be contagious to people who haven't had chicken pox before. Even preganant women are susceptible. She can take antivirals, analgesics, plenty of fluids and rest. Ask her to consult a dermatologist or general physician for the medications.