Chest ribs deformality

I have a chest deformality, like pigeon chest. It keeps on getting worse year by year. It is in very bad shape, it's narrow from front view, but wide from side view. I am searching for braces to at least compress it, if not cure. Please suggest me any solution

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest ribs deformality

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. Its unfortunate that you are suffering from this problem, but it can be managed by external bracing however, as per my experience, the results would have been excellent if it was started before your puberty. you can still try bracing. consult a chest physician regarding this. if none of this works for you, then surgery along with bracing would be an option. A holistic approach by chest physician, orthopedician would be required. if braces are prescribed to you, then be informed that you may have to wear brace for upto 20 hours a day depending on the severity and symmetry. Visit a good hospital near you for further help because any delay now could leave you with a permanently deformed chest. Best Regards, Dr. Anil Kumar Jain