Chest ribs deformality
I have a chest deformality, like pigeon chest. It keeps on getting worse year by year. It is in very bad shape, it's narrow from front view, but wide from side view. I am searching for braces to at least compress it, if not cure. Please suggest me any solution
40 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
General Physician 5 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹200 for 24 hrs

Hello There. Its unfortunate that you are suffering from this problem, but it can be managed by external bracing however, as per my experience, the results would have been excellent if it was started before your puberty. you can still try bracing. consult a chest physician regarding this. if none of this works for you, then surgery along with bracing would be an option. A holistic approach by chest physician, orthopedician would be required. if braces are prescribed to you, then be informed that you may have to wear brace for upto 20 hours a day depending on the severity and symmetry. Visit a good hospital near you for further help because any delay now could leave you with a permanently deformed chest. Best Regards, Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.