chest-icon

Chest pain when sad

I m experiencing a weird problem of severe pain in the chest when m disheartened or sad. I am suffering from this since my childhood but it happened very less, Only when i was very sad. But from past two weeks my boyfriend was really ill. And due to tension and imagining him in such a pain my chest pains hiked. I could not even sleep at night. Now that he is recovering and is ok but whenever i think about his pain and suffering i feel this pain again and again. And now as this is becoming very frequent m getting worried. I hv read several articles on the internet and may be this is called broken heart syndrome. What should i do? Is this normal and happens to ppl ?

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

Relax and follow the following advise. 4. Aerobic exercise - 45 minute walk daily. 5. Plenty of Salads and Fruits in Diet. 6. Avoid oily and fried food. 7. Eat Small frequent meals. 8. Avoid Chillies, Spices, Cauliflower, Beans, Peppers, tea , coffee . 9. Don't lie down immediately after meals

Hello.. Well dear I understand it is probably anxiety because of which you are facing the symptoms...you need to calm down and talk about it to your other pals so that your tension eases down....thank you
Dr. V. Hari Prasad
General Physician 6 yrs exp Chennai
broken heart syndrome means when someone dear to you left you.what your are having is "anxiety disorder".some times you need drugs.before giving any drug your body must be checked whether the drug is suitable to you.visit psychiatrist for best results.
visit psychiatrist for best results.do regular exercises, participate in sports ,spend some time ina day to enjoy life.
stress may a risk factor for high blood pressure , diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.please check BP,cholesterol, and sugar levels in your body.