cardiologist-icon
Chest Pain
Hi, I think I'm suffering from Precordial catch syndrome (PCS) - this is a self diagnosis that I've come to based on the following symptoms that I've observed - 1. Isolated events of chest pain without any specific pattern or any triggering agent. 2. When pain occurs, it causes inability to take deep breaths 3. It goes away in under 1-5 min But based on my online research PCS is accompanied by a bubble pop kind sensation in the end which leads to relief, but in my case relief just comes by - rest all the symptoms seem to be consistent. Is there anything I should get tested or checked to be sure - what else can I do in this case? Or to how else I can be sure of the diagnosis and rule out the possibility of any other problems.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 6 yrs exp Noida

To rule out this from a cardiac pain I would advice you to undergo a few tests ECG and an echo Consult with reports at my clinic Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Hi..... Avoid foods and drinks that trigger heartburn. Everyone has specific triggers. Common triggers such as fatty or fried foods, tomato sauce, alcohol, chocolate, mint, garlic, onion, and caffeine may make heartburn worse. Avoid foods you know will trigger your heartburn. Eat smaller meals. Avoid overeating by eating smaller meals. ... Consult Physician for further evaluation....