Chest pain
From yesterday I am feeling uneasy at the center of the chest. I don't know whether that is a burning sensation or whether it's a pain but am suffering with gastric trouble. Also last year my weight was 65. Now it's 82. Does this matters with this kind of pains? And I left smoking last year. After quitting smoking does it matters with this? Please help me out with this

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It looks like you could be suffering from acute gastritis. Gastritis can cause burning sensation. You need to follow a healthy diet. Avoid spicy foods, oily foods, outside junk foods, tea, coffee, sweets, sugars as much as possible. Have 4-5 short meals per day, instead of three big meals. Also drink plenty of water in between meals and little water during meals. You can take pantoprazole 40mg once in the morning half hour before your breakfast for one week. Sometimes stress can also trigger gastritis. So try relaxation methods like yoga or meditation. Also do not starve for too long. If this doesn't give you relief then consult a general physician or surgeon for further evaluation.