Chest full of gases

For the last 5-6 days, my chest is continuously filled up with gases. I tried drinking plenty of water. It subsides but again starts occurring. The whole day I burp. Yesterday night I could not sleep because it was uncomfortable. Even if the chest is not full, the gases form in the stomach. Today, the chest is paining too. Many a time, my neck starts burning due to these gases. Please suggest what should I do?
views-icons 111 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest full of gases

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., it could be due to mild gastritis.... Avoid irritating foods. Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty.... .Avoid alcohol. Alcohol can irritate the mucous lining of your stomach... Manage stress. Stress may make your gastritis symptoms worse..... Consider anti gastric medication for few days....Consult Physician they will do the needful.....