#ChennaiRainsHelp Feeling like Shaking

After the earthquake in May 2015 in Nepal , I always feel like my body is shaking when I lay down in the bed and my heart beat faster than usual and sometime I feel same even in my workplace when I sit in my chair.

Doctor Answers (1) on #ChennaiRainsHelp Feeling like Shaking

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Keep physically active. Develop a routine so that you're physically active most days of the week. Exercise is a powerful stress reducer. It may improve your mood and help you stay healthy. Start out slowly and gradually increase the amount and intensity of your activities.

Avoid alcohol and other sedatives. These substances can worsen anxiety.

Quit smoking and cut back or quit drinking coffee. Both nicotine and caffeine can worsen anxiety.

Use relaxation techniques. Visualization techniques, meditation and yoga are examples of relaxation techniques that can ease anxiety.

Make sleep a priority. Do what you can to make sure you're getting enough sleep to feel rested. If you aren't sleeping well, see your doctor.

Eat healthy. Healthy eating — such as focusing on vegetables, fruits, whole grains and fish — may be linked to reduced anxiety, but more research is needed..