Chapped lips
I have tried nivea lip balms and ponds cold cream for chapped lips. But they help temporarily. In 2-3 days, I get back to the same condition as before. There is bleeding in the lips. Just that they are chapped and the skin keeps peeling off. Any home made remedies or medicines should I try?

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi first stop licking the lips.  The saliva has enzymes which digest the skin and this can cause increase in the cracks. Drink plenty of water. Use a lip balm with SPF so there is no sun induced damage. Some vitamins deficiency can also cause chelitis. do meet a dermatologist as they can offer some vitamin supplement