Question: sir height 167 cm weight 100 kg age 56 Diabetes since 11 years maximum score of sugar around 280 occ. due to uncontrolled eating even with pills (DPP 4 +metforMin )..A1c 6.5...cardiac MRI --inflammatory cardiomyopathy borderline..associated VPC under control by metoplorol 50 mg twice....now I want change in medicine but sulforiya medicines can increase weight....acarbose/voglibose do not work properly...DPP4 not so work as require...new medicine was offered by doctor was that..sodium glucose transporter..but afraid of kidney damage..other wise best(cretenine around 1)..other offer was doctor ---slow release insulin injection..but this can also increase weight..otherwise good...kindly guide me any other option ..I have sometime over eating problem....p kotecha
97 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Diabetologist 16 yrs exp Mumbai
Please consider insulin and GLP 1 analog. Consult your Diabetologist and cardiologist.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.