Chance of infection?
I just met a guy, who a few months back, was bitten by a dog and received the necessary vaccinations. When I shook his hand, it was all sweaty and I recently had a cut on my hand. Am I at risk of an infection?

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

You are very unlikely to get rabies infection. Just take a tt injection for hand cut.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Unless the patient has any symptoms of rabies now, you need not worry about anything. Rabies had a short incubation period of around 2 weeks. Since the dog bite was months back, he will not be having any infection now. Wash your hands regularly while working or when outside, since you are having a cut. Use any antibiotic creams like mupirocin for the cut till it heals.