Cervicle spondiloysis

After delivery im suffering from cervicle spondilosis and some times my wrist pains alot due to some work.wht should i do.im taking shalcal for calcium and breast feedin too.pain remains on neck and somtimes shoulder.dr told there is no such medicine for cure but i hv to excercise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Cervicle spondiloysis

Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan Chennai | Spine and Pain Specialist
Hi. I saw your query regarding your neck and hand pain. First, post delivery it's common for ladies to have wrist and hand pain because of holding the baby. Second, it's possible you have a cervical disc herniation which is pressing on the nerve going to the hand causing radiating pain. We need to confirm this with an x ray and MRI of the cervical spine (neck). You can try some rest and icing of the wrist. Cervical stretch and strengthening exercises are useful. Firm mattress with a medium size pillow while sleeping. No lifting weights or jerky rides. If it still doesn't settle, after consulting a pain physician or orthpedician, you may consider a cervical epidural injection. Good luck.