Cervical Cerclage

I am 12 week pregnant with twins baby. My doctor asked me to undergo Cervical cerclage process to ensure not to have late miss carriage or premature birth. But this is my second pregnancy and with 1st one I had a miscarriage in the 1st months of pregnancy. I want to know how safe is this process and is there any chance of any kind of infection or something like that?

Doctor Answers (2) on Cervical Cerclage

Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
An ultrasound to assess cervical length and internal os is done at 14 weeks. If cervix is open or short, cervical encirclage will be needed. It is a short procedure and fairly safe. But like any other invasive procedure, there are minor chances of infection, abortion. Your doctor will take measures to avoid them.
Dr. Mamatha Devi S Bangalore | Gynecologist
Your doctor will assess the status of the cervix at 14 th week .
Then decide about the procedure.
They'll be certain tests to rule out infections
A scan called NT scan will be done to see if your babies are fine and then this cerclage procedure will be done if necessary.