Celulities in right leg
Celulities in right leg since 4days leg skin comes in reddish and swelled bottom area these is second time disease came in same leg and same place after three years please help me out

Dr. Harisha N L

Hello Sir... I understand what you are going through, I think you should know that cellulitis is infection affecting deeper layers of skin but its not contagious... The affected skin region will have redness, pain, warm to touch. sometimes associated with fever and chills.... People with low immunity, diabetic patients,poor circulation in the blood vessels, obesity, certain dermatological conditions can cause cellulitis... Since it is most often due to bacterial infection, antibiotics with good range of coverage against common microbial agents causing cellulitis is prescribed and if there is any abscess formation than surgical drainage is done... Foot elevation is generally helpful....In certain resistant cases sometimes oral antibiotics is changed to intravenous antibiotics for faster response.... The main goal here is to prevent sepsis in the body... If patient is complaining too much pain than other forms of infection should be ruled out...Consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful.