Cavity and tooth ache

I had a cavity filled 3 years back. It seems to have reopened and I have very painful toothaches in that position. What do I do?

Doctor Answers (4) on Cavity and tooth ache

Hi..visit a dentist to start root canal. Because in a deep cavity ,filling lasts for only 2-3-5 years. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ..,visit a nearby dentist ASAP for a proper diagnosis with xray... You might be having secondary infection w.r.t that tooth and need a root canal treatment for that ... Take care ...!!
You need to visit a dentist who will take an x-ray and determine the depth of cavity ..if decĂ y is involving the pulp of your teeth as you are saying that there is pain..you will need to undergo root canal treatment and then cap the teeth .this way u can save your natural teeth..
Hi , take an x ray to see how's the Condition . Either need replacing rct or extraction followed by cap