Carpus tunnel syndrome

Dear Doctors, from 28 weeks of my pregnancy (7 yrs ago) I suffered from carpus tunnel syndrome. My doc said that it was normal during pregnancy due to the swelling of my hands. The pain subsided postpartum. However since 10 days I am again suffering from similar pain in my hands, especially the right one. When I wake up in the morning the pain in my wrist and palm are severe. Not able to hold heavy things for a long time not even the weight of a glass of milk. Unable to keep my fingers closed for a long time because of the pain like using my laptop, closing or opening of bottle or even to brush my hair or my teeth. Painful to ride a scooter too. Please advise what might be the problem and if any medicines. Also which doctor I may have to consult if pain persists. Many thanks in advance for your response.

Doctor Answers (1) on Carpus tunnel syndrome

Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, You can consider physiotherapy sessions to reduce the pain and nerve compression if any. Avoid taking pain killers as you will be lactating and feeding your baby.